Thailand Covid-19 Situation Reports
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Thai authorities have imposed regulations regarding a permission to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for those who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand except for treatment for COVID-19. The patient, including their accompanying escorts (no more than 3 at maximum) must comply with the regulations and mandatory quarantine period upon arrival.
Thailand AQ (Mandatory Quarantine)
Fully vaccinated travelers from non-listed countries and those travelers from listed countries who booked flights entering Thailand through Bangkok airport, are required to undergo the mandatory quarantine in Bangkok for 7 days. For vaccinated travelers from listed countries who do not wish to quarantine, you must enter using the sandbox program.
Additionally, for international travelers who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, they will be required to undergo the mandatory alternative quarantine of 10-14 days in a designated quarantine hotel in Bangkok before they can travel to other parts of Thailand.
Vaccinated travelers will be able to enter Thailand without quarantine under the Phuket Sandbox Program , Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension Program and Samui Plus Sandbox Program , subject to a certificate of vaccination or so-called “vaccine passport”.
Starting November 2021, there is a proposal for a Sandbox Program for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi (Pattaya), and Hua Hin. The details and the official guidelines are yet to be announced in the coming days.
Thailand Travel Restrictions:
Please check restrictions updates for traveling in Thailand through the following link
List of Approved COVID-19 Vaccines
September 22, 2021
Currently, the Ministry of Public Health has approved the following manufacturers and vaccines:
- CoronaVac by Sinovac Biotech Ltd – 2 doses needed / 2-4-week interval;
- AstraZeneca or Covishield by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford, SK Bioscience (South Korea), Siam Bioscience, and Serum Institute of India (Covishield) – 2 doses needed / 4-12-week interval;
- Pfizer–BioNTech or Comirnaty by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech 2 doses needed / 3-week interval;
- Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. – 1 dose needed;
- Moderna by Moderna Inc. – 2 doses needed / 4-week interval);
- Sinopharm or COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. – 2 doses needed / 3-4-week interval);
- Sputnik V by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology – 2 doses needed – 3-week interval).
Meanwhile, the WHO’s guidance on the COVID-19 vaccines is available here.
Protocols for the Quarantine in the hospital (AHQ)
- You (and your companion) will be subject to the quarantine process at the alliance hospital from the day of arrival into the kingdom of Thailand for at least 7-14 days at any of the accredited by the Ministry of Health.
- You will be allowed to leave the room for the medical investigations and medical/dental procedures throughout the quarantine period.
- Fever and Respiratory tract symptoms will be monitored on a daily basis. The RT-PCR test for Covid 19 will be performed 2 times (Day 0 and Day 6-9-13 before discharge)
- If the result is positive (Covid19 detected) at any time, the treatment can commence right after the test and you will be cared for in the hospital under your own expense. (Under the insurance coverage, conditions may apply)
Recommended Alternative Quarantine by Jitta Life Wellness Center
Jitta Life Wellness Center has coordinated with high-quality luxury hospitals and hotels close to the clinic. In addition, special rates are available for Jitta Life Wellness Center customers only.
AHQ (Alternative Hospital Quarantine)
Bumrungrad International Hospital
Address: 33 Sukhumvit 3 (Soi Nana Nua), Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 2 066 8888
ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine)
THE LANDMARK BANGKOK HOTEL
Address: 138 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66 (0) 2254 0404
ANANTARA RIVERSIDE BANGKOK RESORT
Address: 257/1-3 Charoennakorn Road, Thonburi, Bangkok 10600
Tel: +66 (0) 2476 0022
There are steps to follow when finishing your trip.
- If you do not fly back to your home country after discharging from the clinic within 72 hours, you need to repeat the Covid-19 test at the same hospital that you stayed for quarantine (AHQ).
- The clinic or AHQ will prepare a “Fit-to-Fly specifically to Covid-19” certificate if the result is negative (Undetected).
- Our clinic staff will contact you via email for following up about the Covid-19 test and symptoms after you arrived at your home for 21 days.